Welcome to BDMC
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Help needed with my EVO

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rick Armstrong

Rick Armstrong

• Factory Rider
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • My ride is a:Beta
Hi all im in need of help with my bike! Can anyone lend me there coil & cdi to see if i can get my bike running? I think the stator as packed in and want to try these 2 1st to confirm it. I think all coils are the same but cdi is different, Cheers for any help!

Matt Jackson

Matt Jackson

Small Wheels

• Factory Rider
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi Rick, Ive got the beta 250 2012 dont know if these are the same but you could give them a try let me know Matt Jackson 07903996554 or Jay has the 2010 i think between us we could sort it.

Jason Dunning

Jason Dunning

Chief Mechanic

• Team Boss
  • 47 posts
Hi Rick, As Matt has already said I am more than happy for you to try my gear. There is a difference between the CDi units from model to model, however we have tried switching them out before on different models and they do work. I wouldn't recommend using the wrong one for prolonged periods, but for testing they will be fine. Dave has had a problem with his stator on the bike he just swapped in, it was a 2011 250. Lampkins swapped it for a new one and the new one was also faulty, they swapped it again and that one was fine. It is very unlikely the coil or the CDi unit is faulty. Whilst sorting Dave's out , Lampkins told us they never fail.
When the stator failed the bike just stopped as though it had run out of fuel, but they did manage to get it running for a short period of time then it gave up all together. My mobile is 07976 798037. Just call anytime.

Cheers Jase

Rick Armstrong

Rick Armstrong

• Factory Rider
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
Cheers for offer i will be in touch through week just need to confirm stator as gone! spoke to john lampkin on thursday and he said he would sort us a stator out only problem is that he was off to the ssdt! I have already checked stator resistance at cdi unit and basically its open circuit on source coil just want to confirm this by trying a good cdi and coil!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users